Mission, Objective of Human Resources Development, Admission policy
Osaka City University mission
To achieve the universal mission of a university– the fostering of superior talent and the search for truth.
To be a university that the citizens can be proud of–
- To regard the city as a subject for study and find intelligent solutions for its specific problems.
- To give back the fruits of education and research activities to the city and its citizens and contribute to the development of both the local community and international society.
To be a university that is close to the citizens–
- To carry on the traditions and culture of the city of Osaka, as an urban-based university.
- To promote liberal and creative education and research, and high standard health care.
- To improve the various functions of the city such as culture, economy, industry, and health care, together with the citizens, and attempt to realize a situation of true wealth.
Principles of education
To be committed to the city and the citizens of Osaka.
To contribute to the welfare and development of humanity.
To cultivate talent that will be active in society and fulfill a leading role in different fields.
Principles of research
To promote original and distinctive research aimed at the creation of new knowledge.
To deal with the specific issues that the city faces, give back the fruits of research to the city and its citizens, and contribute to the development of the local community.
To promote research that can act as a seed for new industries, and share these fruits with society.
Objective of Human Resources Development
Bachelor's Degree Program
- To cultivate talent that feels solidarity with other citizens, will participate actively in society, has excellent specialized knowledge, practical abilities, international awareness and is endowed with comprehensive judgment and abundant humanity.
Graduate School Master's Program
- To cultivate talent that systematically studied the research in their respective disciplines and has the creativity to apply developments in interdisciplinary fields as well.
Graduate School Doctoral Program
- To cultivate talent that will pioneer new research areas and can act globally as independent researchers.
- To cultivate specialists with a particularly high level of knowledge, technical skills, and research abilities.
Professional Graduate School Program
- To cultivate talent that will deal proactively with the particular problems of the city and lead in the vitalization of their community as high level specialized professionals
Students with abundant humanity, who are broadly interested in the sciences and urban industry, culture, livelihood, and environment, who have excellent scholastic ability and are eager to learn, are admitted widely from both Japan and abroad.