Osaka City University Calls for applications for the position of Project Coordinator (Part-time) at the Global Exchange Office
October 1, 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter, negotiable)
[Starting Available Positions]
Performing the following duties at the Global Exchange Office:
- Liaison and coordination between overseas universities and academic/research institutions
- Planning and coordination of study abroad programs
- Support for international students
- Publication of educational and research activities internationally
- Assisting international guest relations
- Other activities in the Global Exchange Office (including international business trips)
- A native English speaker or a non-native English speaker with a near-native speaker level of English proficiency
- Ability to communicate in Japanese (preferable)
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
a) Having knowledge about the basic usage of MS office, such as changing fonts and sizes of characters, printing documents, creating and editing tables, as well as understanding advanced functions such as styling, creating a table of contents and an index, importing data from other applications, etc.
b) Having knowledge about the basic usage of MS Excel, such as functions and basic formulas, formatting cells, creating graphs, printing documents, creating and editing tables, as well as understanding advanced functions such as data analysis, conditional formatting, input rules, etc.
- Ability to correspond, coordinate, and handle inquiries by phone, by e-mail, or face-to-face in fluent English
- Ability to work in harmony, with a cooperative personality and a spirit of teamwork
- At least three years of work experience (preferably) in public enterprises or other universities, including composing documents using a PC
October 1, 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter) to March 31, 2020 (Contract may be renewed)
* Maximum contract duration is five years. As this is a part-time position, renewal of the contract is not guaranteed.
Sugimoto Campus, Osaka City University
3-3-138, Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka
Adjacent to the JR Hanwa Line “Sugimotocho” Station
15 minutes from the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line “Abiko” Station (on foot)
[Working conditions] (as of August 1, 2019, subject to change)
(1) Working days: three days (or more) per week (negotiable)
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and year-end holidays (December 29 to January 3)
(2) Working Hours: 08:45 - 17:00 in principle (Lunch break: 12:00 - 12:45)
Actual working time: 7 hours and 30 minutes per day (negotiable)
*Overtime work may be required.
*Working hours may be shifted.
*When deemed necessary, the holidays may be substituted for working days of the week.
(3) Holidays: Annual paid holidays will be granted according to weekly working days.
Example: If working five days per week, ten days will be granted.
(4) Salary: 1,924 - 2,366 yen per hour, based on experience
*Salary will be paid in arrears, at the beginning of the following month.
*Commuting Allowance: Up to 55,000 yen per month, based on the fare on commuter pass (if working four days or more per week)
(5) Social Insurance: Eligible for health insurance, pension, and employment insurance (subject to working hours)
(6) The applicant is responsible for travel expenses for the interview and the transfer upon appointment.
[How to apply]
Please send the following application documents by certified mail with 「短時間勤務職員（プロジェクトコーディネーター）」written in red on the envelope to the contact mentioned below.
a) Resume (either in English or Japanese)
Japanese: Designated format : PDF Excel Sample
English: Free format, but the successful candidate is required to submit designated documents
*Please specify job title as "project coordinator (part-time)"
b) Curriculum vitae: A4 size, free format
Please describe your career background and experience in detail.
c) Reason for applying and aspiration after appointment: free format
Please describe your reason for applying and your qualifications, skills, knowledge, and strong points that can be used in the job.
d) Certificate of English proficiency
Non-native English speakers should submit a certificate of English proficiency
(2) Contact details:
Global Exchange Office, Osaka City University
3-3-138, Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka, 558-8585 Japan
Tel: +81-6-6605-3452 (In charge: Yamao (Ms.), Terasawa (Mr.)
(3) Application Deadline
Documents must arrive by Monday, September 2, 2019, 17:00 (JST)
Screening and Interview
Applicants will be notified of the results of the screening by Thursday, September 5, 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified of the details and date of the interview separately.
（1）Appointment will be canceled if the following applies to the successful candidate:
a) Does not have the application qualifications mentioned above, or has made false entries
b) Is not able to work from the starting date due to the health problems
c) Lacks other qualifications required for the position
（2） Personal information collected through the selection procedure will be used for this selection only. The information is protected under the Osaka Prefecture Personal Information Protection Regulation and the University Public Corporation Osaka Regulation for Personal Information Usage and Management.
a) Submitted documents are used for this selection only. However, information of the successful candidate may be used for the necessary contractual procedure.
b) Submitted documents are not returnable and will be properly destroyed after a certain period of time.