Below are changes resulting from COVID-19 that may affect OCU international students.
1) New! Applications for Student Support Allowance for Continued Learning have started!
Due to the spread of COVID-19, we understand that students are having a difficult time at college with reduced income from part time jobs, etc. A new government system has been established to provide cash to students who have been affected by the impact of COVID-19 so that they can continue their studies at their universities.
● Eligible applicants are undergraduate and graduate students who attend regular courses.
● Those who wish to apply to this system, please access the application form on UNIPA.
● In addition to facing financial difficulties caused by the spread of COVID-19, successful applicants must also have an excellent academic record and be actively participating in classes and seminars.
Application period: from Thursday 28 May until 5pm, Wednesday 10 June.
<Overview of the system>
Please see the details in the following link (Japanese only). https://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/hutankeigen/mext_00686.html
"Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology: Page for Students (Continued Learning Support Allowance for Students)
2) Emergency Support Allowance for students in need Application guideline (1st application) (Reception has been closed)
3) Tuition deadline for the first semester of Academic Year 2020 (Published on 1 May 2020)
To alleviate the financial burden COVID-19 may have caused on the household income of students and their families, Osaka City University has extended the deadline for tuition payment (first half of 2020) and the deadline for scholarships and tuition exemption applications.
Deadline for tuition payment (first semester of AY 2020)
First term tuition
|Prior deadline||Extended deadline|
|May 29, 2020（F）※||August 31, 2020（M）|
※Since May 31, 2020 (Sunday) is a bank holiday, for those whose status will change during the first semester (such as completing a course in June, middle of the first semester, etc.), the deadline of payment is 31 May.
4) Application for tuition exemption and various scholarships (Reception has been closed)
5） Orientation for incoming international students has been canceled (Published on 7 April)
If you have any questions, please email us to the attention below.
Global Exchange Office : email@example.com