27 September, 2021
President, Osaka City University
A normal student life is at our fingertips
The state of emergency has been extended again, and restrictions will continue until the end of September. The government has, however, begun to consider measures to ease the situation. Vaccination is progressing, and it is expected that all those who wish to be vaccinated in Japan will be done by the end of October. If a consensus can be reached, we may see an easing of preventative measures in November. Under the government's proposal, extracurricular activities will be included in the list. Vaccination would be a requirement, but for those who do not wish to be vaccinated, presenting proof of a negative test may work as a substitution.
I am by no means saying, "let it loose". These conditions alone will not lead to zero cases of Covid. Even after the relaxation, we must continue to take basic precautions such as wearing masks, washing our hands, and disinfecting ourselves.
The vaccination rate in our university is about 70% for students and 80% for faculty members. For those who have not yet been vaccinated, please consider it as a priority for young people has started. For those who are physically unable or unwilling to receive the vaccine, a test for the virus can be used for the same requirements.
During the declaration of a state of emergency, banquets, drinking parties, and dinners are prohibited, regardless to the number of participants.
※13th message from the President regarding COVID-19: "Two places to prevent the spread of infection - group dinners and at home.” (November 26, 2020) (Figure 2) and revised (Figure 1)
【Past messages on COVID-19 from the President】
- An explosion of infections is coming! Now is our moment! (30 March 2020）
- Your grandpa may have to wear an oxygen mask! (7 April 2020）
- The Virus Needs the Help of Humans to Spread! (13 April 2020）
- As a Whole, Let’s Fight against COVID-19 to Avoid a Collapse of the Medical System! (23 April 2020)
- Has COVID-19 Disappeared!? (15 June 2020)⁉
- This summer, if We are too Careless the Second Wave of COVID-19 may be Worse! (21 July 2020)
- Cultivate a Critical Intuition Towards Overflowing Information (13 August 2020)
- An Agonizing Choice “Haste Makes Waste” (24 August 2020)
- Corona Zero! A step towards declaring campus a safety zone. (24 October 2020)
- Two places to prevent the spread of infection - group dinners and at home (26 November 2020)
- The beginning is the crux (7 April, 2021)
- Together, we will revive the Futaba Festival and all extracurricular activities early! (15 April, 2021)
- Let us protect our precious lives! Medical care is in danger (14 May, 2021)