26 November, 2020
President, Osaka City University
Two places to prevent the spread of infection: group dinners and at home
Cases of COVID-19 have been concentrated in red-light districts. Perhaps its spread was due in large part to dinner and drinking parties, and through these, was brought into the home.
Either way, do not have dinner with more than 5 people. Other universities have been closed due to frequent clusters of infection caused by people attending large-group dinners. Though I say “5”, we should still practice caution with dinners of even 4 people. (Fig. 1 below).
Even at home, the number of people testing positive with unknown sources of infection is increasing, resulting in cases where students and faculty members of this university have been recognized as persons of close contact. You just want to relax when you get home. I understand. Let's just be a little wary of the situation. (Fig. 2 below).
We are all aware of the ban on training camps, but group travel also results in a similar sort of clusters. For the time being, let's not do it.
Fig. 1 - Meetings of 4 or more people? What should you do?
1. Use locations that have displayed the "We vow to prevent the spread of infections" sticker, issued by the Osaka Prefecture Government.
2. Sanitize any hands and fingers that touch a table. ※carry a mini-bottle of sanitizer around with you.
3. Do not share food or drink.
4. Take your mask off only when eating.
5. Use partitions whenever possible.
6. Finish the gathering within 2 hours.
7. Thinking of doing some Karaoke? Absolutely not!
8. If you are not feeling well within 2 days after the gathering, check yourself into a hospital and inform those from the gathering.
Fig. 2 - Spending time at home? What should you do?
1.Sanitize/wash your hands at the entrance of your house.
2. Change your clothes near the entrance or in your room.
3. Practice Social distancing and properly ventilate your home.
4. Do not share food, dishware, or towels.
5. Consistently sanitize/wash your hands.
6. Wear a mask whenever possible.
7. Use partitions whenever possible
【Past messages on COVID-19 from the President】
- An explosion of infections is coming! Now is our moment! (30 March 2020）
- Your grandpa may have to wear an oxygen mask! (7 April 2020）
- The Virus Needs the Help of Humans to Spread! (13 April 2020）
- As a Whole, Let’s Fight against COVID-19 to Avoid a Collapse of the Medical System! (23 April 2020)
- Has COVID-19 Disappeared!? (15 June 2020)⁉
- This summer, if We are too Careless the Second Wave of COVID-19 may be Worse! (21 July 2020)
- Cultivate a Critical Intuition Towards Overflowing Information (13 August 2020)
- An Agonizing Choice “Haste Makes Waste” (24 August 2020)
- Corona Zero! A step towards declaring campus a safety zone. (24 October 2020)