Has COVID-19 Disappeared⁉
Thanks to your patience and support, we were able to survive the first wave of COVID-19. I am relieved that none of the students and faculty/staff members were infected. This is not happenstance, but a result of the high level of consciousness of everyone, encapsulated in the thought, "I will not be infected. I will not infect others.” I am proud to have such wonderful colleagues around me.
Some research, as well as club activities, have resumed since 1 June in accordance with the rules of keeping a “new” lifestyle. The campus is coming back to life and new students are gradually starting to appear on campus.
Our university has recently signed a collaborative agreement with Dr. Shinya Yamanaka's group at the Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, CiRA/Kyoto University, as well as Osaka Prefecture, to combat a second wave of COVID-19. We will focus our efforts on expanding testing, elucidating the pathology of COVID-19 and developing vaccines and new drugs.
COVID-19 has settled down, but it has not yet come to an end. Until the results of our research have been put into action, let's tread carefully and coexist with this pathogen without breaking the precepts of our "new lifestyle" that we learned during the first wave. Let’s restore our smiles on campus!
★Main precautions against COVID-19
- Avoid the three C's (confined spaces, crowded places and close contact).
- Maintain a social distance of more than 2 meters from people. (Not necessary when wearing a mask.)
- Properly ventilate rooms. For air to circulate properly, two locations need to be connected.
- Wear a mask, wash your hands (as well as your face if possible) and gargle properly. (See the attached illustrations.)
- Practice proper cough etiquette. (See the attached illustrations.)
＜Refrain from touching things＞
- Do not touch things unless necessary. Be extra cautious with straps, handrails, money, pushbuttons, doorknobs, shared ball point pens, etc.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Frequent hand-washing or disinfection with alcohol. If such measures are not available, use wet wipes
【Past messages on COVID-19 from the President】